A mobile website is a simplified version of your website that is optimized to display on smart phones and mobile devices. Content is succinct and laid out to fit the space provided on a small screen. Since speed and bandwidth are concerns, images are resized to load quickly for the user, who’s not likely to sit around and wait for a large download.
In general, Mobile sites must offer:
- Business offerings easily found when entering site
- Quick loading of words and graphics
- User comfort in browsing - nice color and contrast of background and buttons.
- Only essential information – not too wordy
- Scrolling minimal to get what is needed
- User inputs easy to execute. Depending on what you are asking customers to do in your website, it should be easy for them to do what you want… call you? Visit you? Place order? Etc.
- Click to call phone numbers
- Click to map location when needed
- Analytics to know who is visiting and when
Why mobile marketing?
Mobile marketing definitions
Why Mobile Marketing Done 4U.com?
Why implement SMS (Text) marketing?
What is a mobile optimized website?
Why do you need a mobile optimized website?